Code of Ethics Non Discrimination Policy Social Media Policy
Code for Coaches.
1. Young people need a coach they can respect. Show respect and lead by example.
2. Be generous with your praise when it is deserved.
3. Never ridicule or shout at players for making mistakes or losing a match.
4. Commit to keeping yourself informed on sound coaching principles and methods,
and on the principles of growth and development of young people.
5. Create a safe and enjoyable environment in which to train and play.
6. Encourage each player in terms of self-discipline, behaviour and punctuality.
7. Ensure that all players are aware that all forms of bullying will not be tolerated.
8. Coaches must always display high standards of behaviour and appearance.
9. Seek and follow the advice of a doctor in determining when an injured player is
ready to play again.
10. Ensure that proper equipment and facilities are available at all times.
Code for Players.
1. Show respect for team-mates, managers/coaches, opponents and officials.
2. Always turn up on time for matches and training in the club attire.
3. Always play to the best of your ability, accept a windefeat in a proper manner.
4. Always have commitment to your club and pride in your performance.
5. Ensure that your lifestyle helps rather than hinders your progress.
6. Ensure your kit bag holds the proper kit and spares at all times.
7. Listen to mentor advice and question if you don’t understand.
8. Help out with equipment before and after matches and training.
9. Advise as soon as possible - if you are injured or sick.
10. Bullying will not be tolerated and if you feel you are being bullied feel safe to tell
your mentors andor the child welfare officer.
11. Enjoy your education and development with your club.
Code for Parents and Spectators.
1. Encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players,
coaches, game officials, and administrators at all times.
2. Place the emotional and physical well being of all players ahead of any personal
desire to win.
3. Support the coaches, officials, and administrators working with my child, in order
to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
4. I accept that the game is for the players, not for the adults.
5. I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, game officials, administrators,
and supporters with respect.
6. I will always be positive.
7. I will always allow the mentors to be the only mentors.
8. I will not get into arguments with the opposing team's parents, players, or
9. I will not come onto the field for any reason during the game.
10. I will not criticize game officials.
11. I will refrain from any activity or conduct that may be detrimental or reflect
adversely upon Stella Maris Football Club, its members or its programs.
Non Discrimination Policy:
Stella Maris Football Club is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in sport and offer’s equal opportunity to players and coaches in the normal course of the clubs activities.
Stella Maris Football Club does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, disability, age, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin in the administration of its executive policies, management policies, registration policies, player policies, or coaching policies.
Social Media Policy.
Stella Maris Football Club (SMFC) understands that the use of Social Media helps promote our club worldwide if used in an appropriate manner.
SMFC operate a number of social media platforms Facebook, Twitter, and our club website in line with our NGB the Football Association of Ireland’s policy.
Responsibility for implementation of the Policy
SMFC has overall responsibility for the effective operation of the Policy.
Personal Use of SMFC Social Media sites
SMFC respects your right to use Social Media for personal use however it is important to be mindful of the impact Social Media can have on others.
Each individual is responsible for their own compliance with the Policy and for ensuring that it is consistently applied.
The following conditions must be met for personal use to continue on SMFC social media platforms:
- You are responsible for your conduct when using any form of SMFC Social Media.
- Your personal views should not impact negatively or conflict with the role of SMFC.
- Grievences towards SMFC must not be aired through the form of Social Media.
- Be aware that what you publish is not private and will be public for many years.
- Be mindful of the impact your contribution might make to people’s perceptions of SMFC.
- Do not discuss colleagues, competitors, coaches parents and / or players without their prior approval.
- Do not engage with irate players, parents or coaches on a public forum. Request a meeting with SMFC to allow all parties to discuss possible outcomes.
- If you are a manager, coach, club official, referee or medic you should not:
- Accept any player or referee who is under 18 as a friend on your personal Social Media page. Instead encourage them to follow your organisations Social Media page.
- Communicate with any person under 18 through Social Media, text message, phone or email.
- All communications concerning under 18’s should be made through parents / guardians. It is important to ensure all communications relate to specific club matters e.g. fixtures, training etc
Comments that are deemed to be of an inappropriate nature that are posted on SMFC media platforms will be challenged and removed under editorial rights.
SMFC operate a zero tolerance policy in relation to SMFC media platforms.